Friday 12 August 2011

Watching You Rot


There's really not much to you is there?
You try to come off as so organized, so capable, but underneath you're really frail, and weak, aren't you?
You cling to what you know,
Or at least what you think you know,
What you want to know.

And you really can't stand to be alone, can you?
So you lie, like you always have, and trap more people in your tangled web of a life.
You show them who you really are, and then let yourself think you don't need them when they don't drop everything for you.
I can guarentee you never pushed anyone away.
They walked away willingly.

The truth is, I'm still around because I'm the only one who really sees how weak you are.
I make no effort to point it out however, only take notes.
And to put you in your place when you so deserve it.
 
And believe me, I feel bad enough about that.
It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

5 comments:

  1. You are so funny. Are we talking about me, or you?!!

    Yeah, I'm a jerk. But you - you are much too hard on yourself. I mean it.

    It sucks pointing these things out, but somebody has to tell you. And since I'm a jerk, it might as well be me. (Takes one to know one).

    Who...loves...you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the above comment:

    This is not about you or him. This is addressed unspoken thoughts to the one he has known since birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies for intruding on your space and thoughts. By all means, delete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the above posters:

    You can't say you've never felt a feeling of superiority to someone else, be it in a physical or mental state. Not saying those feelings are good, and that you should act on them, but this is what this post is:
    A reminder that not all thoughts are "sweet" and "nice".
    Not all things are good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course they aren't, Matt. All things are bound by darkness and light; there are no absolutes. To borrow a line, "Pain makes us recognize each other...."

    ReplyDelete