Monday 17 September 2012

It's In The Tune You Hum To Yourself, Too

"Well yes," I said, "the nights are going to be dark."
"But I just feel like I don't know anything." You said.
"How are the days supposed to be bright, if there's no darkness?"
You looked at me.
"There's always going to be rough times. But that's not how you measure life."
"What do you mean?"

"There's so much more when you focus on what you've done, rather than what you didn't do."
"But what If I wasn't sure about anything I did."
"But you did something. And you'll always have that."
"I don't know."

"Don't know what?"
"I just feel so confused"
"Well that's because it's confusing."
"I'm so scared."
"And it's a scary thing. But you're not alone. You're never alone."

"But what if I make the wrong decision?"
"That's impossible."
"Why?"
"Because there is no wrong decision. There's never been a right or wrong answer; there might never be."

"But how do I know if I did the right thing?"

"Because you'll feel it in your heart, 
And in your head,
And sometimes you'll get shivers, and that'll be the reason why.
And when you open your eyes first thing in the morning, it'll be the first thing you'll see.
And when you're not even thinking about it, it'll give you a reason to smile.
And it'll dance around inside your head as it rests gently upon your pillow and you drift off to sleep."



No comments:

Post a Comment