Tuesday 7 June 2011

Between the Dream and the Breath


For a moment,
Everything stood still and time was irrelevant.
There was no ticking of clocks,
Nothing was early, nothing was late.

It made it all really simple.
I could finally think without having to worry.
Nobody could hear my thoughts, nobody could see my dreams, everyone was frozen.

I think I finally understood what happened in the past,
As there was no longer a past.
And I knew everything that was going to happen,
As there was no future.

For that moment I understood that I couldn't just give up.
Not after this moment.

And in that moment I chose.
After I made my choice, something miraculous happened.

Everything started moving again.
The sound of ticking clocks filled my mind.
Streetlights changed and people moved on.

I stopped for one second, hoping for another moment,
but somehow I knew I would never feel it again.

So I went on my way.
But this time, I knew my choice.


2 comments:

  1. And in that moment, in an alternate universe, one that is completely alien to you,someone else made their choice.

    Knowing that in one week, one month, one year,one moment in your life, one moment of confusion,lonliness and pain-you will attempt to share with them this moment.

    Know this - They will no longer hear you. Time has taught lessons that are no longer a choice to ignore.
    Their love was wasted on you, expected and taken for granted.

    1st time - shame on you. 2nd time - shame on you. 3rd time, 4th time, 5th time etc - shame on them.

    For once in your life, be a man. For once in your life, stay true to your word.

    Make some room in your heart for some honesty, integrity,compasssion and kindness.

    It is a gift to love your self, but a misguided interpretation of this gift to be so intensley selfish and self absorbed that you are unable and unwilling to place yourself, for one moment, just to feel one moment of the debris that you contributed to in the life of that soul in an alternative world, one that is alien to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comment is as meaningful as the post. Grateful to have read both.

    ReplyDelete