Sunday 10 April 2011

Existence

 
You could have saved me.
Why didn't you save me?
Were you too busy surrounding yourself with those who had no concern for you?
You know that'd never work, as nothing you could ever do would ever send me away from you.

I know this is all about me.
I mean, you never really had much of an existence that didn't belong to me.
But don't think your meager existence didn't mean anything.
If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't see things as I do now.

You have taught me hope. I learned it back when you were all I had.

You have taught me to let go. I only rely on you, so as long my hope remains, so will you.


5 comments:

  1. Get over yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it sort of funny that some people, no matter what, harbor such harsh feelings for something they really don't understand.

    Ultimately however, it's sad. It's sad that just because it's easier to hate and be angry that that is what comes out in people.

    But for those who feel the need to take everything so personally:
    If it was about you, it'd be addressed to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's correct, it would be addressed to the 'meager' doormat you left behind.

    ReplyDelete