Sunday 24 April 2011

Prisoner of Love


Your eyes sparkle in the street lights,
Their endlessness is insignificant
There could have been more

All this time I was searching for the truth
Now what do I say?

I already went on a journey
nothing mattered until I met you

The hope I feel is a light; slowly dimming
Now I feel so lost
The smell of fresh rain reminds me of you

Under the moon, there was so much potential
What happened to us?

What I feel was true
Tell me you felt it too
I'm being smothered by lies.


1 comment:

  1. ...I guess I reflected upon our truth, that night under the moon...as perfect as it was and as illuminated my heart felt...we both knew that we were choosing to ignore the shadow.

    Although you and I met that night with anticipation and rewarded with pulses of electric shivers that sparked without any conscious effort, the dark side of that nights moon knew too well our unintentional deceit.

    Your woman, so trusting yet ignorant of your true endeavours. The same moonlit night that your hearts truth became suppose with the seeds of self recrimination, you created your unwanted pit of guilt. Your trusting and oblivious woman did not instill that guilt, she never knew, not everything.
    I too did not instill your heavy heart of guilt, no one did. Your choice that night instilled those seeds.

    Although you never said as much, I know you blamed me and held me responsible, I saw it in your eyes, I knew you well enough to recognise your unspoken turmoil.

    Now, on dark nights when the moon is hidden, fearful fleeting thoughts drift uninvited into my world...what if I loved and trusted someone special and was oblivious to your endeavours one night, one night under the moon where there was so much potential.

    ReplyDelete